Stations of a success story

Woco Kronacher Kunststoffwerk GmbH

History

1912
Establishment of the Kronacher Stock & Schmidt-Eckert porcelain factory, which in addition to low, medium and high voltage insulators also produces technical porcelain and has its own mould-making facility.

1934
Start of plastics processing (Bakelite) on five hand presses. Appropriate tools are built in-house.  

1954
Use of the first thermoplastic injection moulding machines.

1962
Move to a new factory in Kronach.  Establishment of production departments for thermoplastic, thermosetting, mould making and finishing.

1990

Move to the new factory on the current site.

1996
End of porcelain activities.

2001
Kronacher Kunststoffwerk GmbH becomes part of the Woco Group and is assigned to the EAS (Engine Acoustic Systems) division.

2002
Certification according to ISO TS 16949 and strategic realignment.

2003
Certification according to DIN ISO 14001. Joins the Environmental Pact of Bavaria.

2005
Certification according to DIN ISO 16949: 2002. Conferment of the Ford Q1 Award.

2012
Construction of a new production hall.

2014
Certification according to DIN ISO 50001